Celebrant in Surrey
I’m Lisa Jackson, a Surrey-based professional family celebrant.
As a fully trained member of the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants I can help you to celebrate any kind of occasion ‒ whether that’s a wedding, civil partnership, renewal of vows, baby naming or closure after divorce ‒ in a way that’s personal and meaningful to you.
Although marriages and civil partnerships conducted by a celebrant aren’t legally binding, these legal formalities can be conducted before or even after your special day, at minimal extra cost.
Independent celebrants aren’t bound by the same constraints Humanist celebrants or registrars are, which means that by inviting me to conduct your ceremony…
- it will be a special occasion that’s exactly how you’d like it to be with no ‘rules’
- you can choose any wording you’d like
- it can last as long as you’d like it to
- you can hold it wherever you like ‒ under a willow tree, on a boat gliding down the Thames, aboard a hot-air balloon, on a moonlit beach or in your own home ‒ the venue doesn’t have to be licensed
- you can incorporate spiritual or religious elements should you so wish: I’m happy to work with couples of all faiths, or none
What’s more, as a professional writer and editor with over 25 years’ experience and three best-selling books to my name, I can tailor the wording of your ceremony (and, if required, any vows you may wish to make), so that you can ensure that your special occasion is every bit as unique and memorable as you’d like it to be.
I conduct ceremonies in London, Surrey, Kent and Sussex within a two-hour drive of Croydon, and am also happy to travel abroad.
I am very warm and friendly, with a great sense of fun, and love meeting new people. If you’d like to discuss how you envision your ceremony and whether I can help, please email me or call 020 8655 2161.
I look forward to speaking to you soon.
PS I am also a professional clinical hypnotherapist, so I can help calm any pre-event nerves.