Gay Wedding / Civil Partnership Celebrant
Whatever way you choose to show your commitment, I’d be honoured to create a Ceremony for you.
I believe that every Civil Partnership or Same-Sex Wedding Ceremony should be as individual as the couple involved, and so I will help you to create a personalised Ceremony that will make your special day both magical and memorable.
If you’re married by an Independent Celebrant rather than in a church, there’s no obligation to include religious references, and unlike a Humanist or registrar-conducted Ceremony, you’re free to include religious readings or hymns. In other words, you get to decide exactly what wording and music you’d like. And as the Ceremony isn’t legally binding, your venue doesn’t need to be licensed, so you can choose whatever gorgeous location you prefer.
I charge £550 for Ceremonies on any day of the week (please note that I don’t work on Bank Holiday weekends), and can travel anywhere within a one-hour drive of Croydon (including London, Surrey, Kent, Sussex and Hampshire). If you’d like to hold your Ceremony further afield or abroad, my fee will depend on the location and travelling time involved.
If you’d like a close friend or family member to conduct your Ceremony, I also offer the option of writing and editing your Ceremony and Vows for you but not attending the Ceremony itself (£350).
Planning your Perfect Day
- The first step is to drop me a line to arrange a time when we can have an informal, no-obligation chat by phone or Skype so that you can both get to know me and discuss the type of Ceremony you’d like.
- If you decide that you’d like me to conduct your Ceremony, I’ll email you a booking form asking for a non-refundable deposit of £400. Once I’ve received your deposit and completed booking form, I’ll email you a questionnaire and suggestions for rituals you may wish to include in your Ceremony.
- Using the information you’ve given me, I’ll then create a bespoke Ceremony for you that will include any poems, readings or rituals (such as planting a tree or a ring warming) you’ve chosen. I’m happy to write your Vows for you too, should you need me to. Once you’re happy with your Ceremony and Vows (you can amend anything you’d like to), the remaining fee is payable.
- The fee also includes a rehearsal of the Ceremony up to two hours before the start of the Ceremony (if you need me to be there earlier, additional fees will apply).
- On your big day I will use the script and Vows we’ve created together to conduct a Ceremony you’ll treasure forever.
Please be advised that in order for me to be able to focus my full attention on making sure the Ceremony runs smoothly, I don’t use a PA system or microphones as technical difficulties can ruin a Ceremony and microphones don’t look good in photos. Similarly, if you’d like music to be played during the Ceremony, this is something a friend or relative will need to take care of for you.
“Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without” Rafael Ortiz