Get to know Lisa
I am passionate about creating memorable ceremonies that are as unique as you are. I’m bursting with creative ideas, a good listener, value confidentiality and am organised and reliable. But above all, I’d like you to feel that you’re having fun while planning your special event.
I adore meeting new people, and found marathon running the ideal way to do just that. So far I’ve run 110 marathons and ultras (but come last in 25 of them), as I’m determined to let tenacity win over a lack of talent!
I’m also an avid traveller, and like nothing more than shrugging on a backpack and dashing off to the airport for a foreign adventure. Again, it’s the chance to encounter new people and cultures that’s the biggest draw. I’ve now had the privilege of visiting almost 100 countries ranging from Armenia to Zimbabwe, which is why I adore conducting weddings abroad.
I’ve been married to my wonderful husband Graham for almost 30 years and can honestly say that getting married was the best thing I ever did (if you have a minute I’ll happily regale you with stories of how incredibly kind and supportive he is!).
Over the years I’ve worked as a hypnotherapist, editor, journalist, author and speaker, and believe that all of those things have given me different skills that I bring to my Celebrancy work.
LISA JACKSON NEED TO KNOW…
- I have a Certificate in Marriage & Family Celebrancy from the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants (in partnership with The UK College of Celebrancy).
- I hold a first-class BA degree in English, Psychology and Linguistics.
- I love public speaking and have been a regular speaker at the Vitality Show, Be:FIT, The National Running Show and Chris Evans’ RunFestRun running festival, and have lectured to midwives at five major London hospitals.
- I am an accomplished writer, having written three best-selling books: Adore Yourself Slim, Running Made Easy and Your Pace Or Mine? which have received very favourable Amazon reviews. Your Pace or Mine? was published in 2016. It came third in the 2017 Running Awards and reached #1 in the ‘Running & Jogging’ category on Amazon in March 2017.
- I worked as a journalist on Cosmopolitan magazine before spending 11 years on Zest, a health and fitness magazine. I am currently Contributing Editor on Women’s Running magazine, and articles I’ve written have been published in, among others, The Independent, The Guardian, Prima, Psychologies, RED, Mumsnet, Top Santé, Healthy and Runner’s World.
- I have a Certificate, Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis from the London College of Clinical Hypnosis, one of the UK’s best-known hypnotherapy colleges.
- In May 2017, after the publication of my best-selling book Your Pace or Mine?, The Sunday Times included me in The Alternative Rich List aka The Enriched List as being someone who has led a life that has been ‘rich in experience, rich in spirit, rich in life’, an honour I shared with the likes of Virginia ‘Born Free’ McKenna, Banksy and David Attenborough.