Renewal of Vows Celebrant
There are many different reasons for wanting to renew your vows: you may wish to commemorate reaching a significant anniversary, celebrate your commitment if you were married abroad, or simply reaffirm your love for each other.
By creating a unique Ceremony incorporating elements from your relationship that are special to you both, I’ll help ensure your Renewal of Vows is a truly joyous occasion in which you share your special day with friends and family.
As this Ceremony is purely symbolic there are no legalities or paperwork involved: you can hold it wherever you like and include whatever readings, poems, hymns, music or rituals that you find meaningful.
I charge £450 for writing and conducting bespoke Renewal of Vows Ceremonies in London, Surrey, Hampshire, Kent and Sussex within a one-hour drive of Croydon. For family reasons, I can only conduct Renewal of Vows Ceremonies on weekdays and don’t work on weekends or Bank Holidays. I can also conduct renewal of vows ceremonies abroad: fees depend on the location and travelling time and are available on request.
If you’d like a close friend or family member to conduct your Ceremony, I also offer the option of writing and editing your Ceremony and Vows for you but not conducting the Ceremony itself (£300).
Planning your perfect Renewal of Vows Ceremony
- The first step is to drop me a line to arrange a time when we can have an informal, no-obligation chat by phone or Skype so that you can both get to know me and discuss the type of Ceremony you’d like.
- If you decide that you’d like me to conduct your Ceremony, I’ll email you a booking form asking for a non-refundable deposit of £300 (£200 if you don’t need me to conduct your Ceremony). Once I’ve received your deposit and booking form, I’ll email you a questionnaire and suggestions for rituals and traditions (such as a Ring Warming Ceremony) that you may wish to include in your Ceremony.
- Based on what you’ve told me, and a questionnaire I’ll ask you to complete (where you’ll be able to let me know about the highlights of your relationship and your shared interests), I’ll then write you a tailor-made Ceremony. If you’d like help with your Renewal Vows, I’ll happily write those for you too.
- Once you’re happy with your Ceremony and Vows, the remaining fee is payable.
- The fee also includes a rehearsal of the Ceremony up to an hour before the start of the Ceremony (if you need me to be there earlier, additional fees will apply).
- On your special day I’ll conduct the Ceremony using the script we’ve created together.
Please be advised that in order for me to be able to focus my full attention on making sure the Ceremony runs smoothly, I don’t use a PA system or microphones as technical difficulties can ruin a Ceremony and microphones don’t look good in photos. Similarly, if you’d like music to be played during the Ceremony, this is something a friend or relative will need to take care of for you.
“The secrets to a long-lasting relationship: two people working, standing, wanting, being together and seeing the future together”