Your wedding will be one of the most emotional and magical moments of your life. It’s a chance to share your love with friends and family ‒ and celebrate your relationship in a way that’s special to you.
If you’re married by a celebrant rather than in a church, there’s no obligation to include religious references, and unlike a Humanist or registrar-conducted ceremony you’re free to include hymns or religious readings. In other words, you get to decide exactly what wording you’d like. And as the Ceremony isn’t legally binding, your venue doesn’t need to be licensed, so you can choose whatever beautiful location you prefer.
As a Surrey-based wedding celebrant, I conduct Ceremonies in London, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire and Sussex within a one-hour drive of Croydon. For family reasons, I can only conduct Ceremonies on weekdays and don’t work on weekends or Bank Holidays. I charge £500 for Ceremonies near Croydon and can also conduct ceremonies abroad: fees depend on the location and travelling time.
If you’d like a close friend or family member to conduct your Ceremony, I also offer the option of writing and editing your Ceremony and Vows for you but not conducting the Ceremony itself (£350).
Wedding Ceremonies at a Glance
Planning your Dream Ceremony
- The first step is to drop me a line to arrange a time when we can have an informal, no-obligation chat by phone or Skype so that you can both get to know me and discuss the type of Ceremony you’d like.
- If you decide that you’d like me to conduct your Ceremony, I’ll email you a booking form asking for a non-refundable deposit of £350 (£200 if you don’t need me to conduct the Ceremony). Once I’ve received your deposit and completed booking form I’ll email you a questionnaire and suggestions for rituals and traditions (such as a Ring Warming ceremony or Sand Ceremony) that you may wish to include in your Ceremony.
- Using the information you’ve given me, I will then write you a tailor-made Ceremony that will include any special readings, poems or wording you’ve chosen (I’ll help you select these if you wish) so that you can amend anything you choose. If you need help with your vows, I’ll write those too.
- Once you’re happy with your Ceremony and Vows (you can make unlimited amends!), the remaining fee is payable.
- The fee also includes a Rehearsal of the Ceremony up to two hours before the start of the Ceremony (if you need me to be there earlier, additional fees will apply).
- On your wedding day I will use the script and vows we’ve created together to conduct a Ceremony you’ll treasure forever.
Please be advised that in order for me to be able to focus my full attention on making sure the Ceremony runs smoothly, I don’t use a PA system or microphones as technical difficulties can ruin a Ceremony and microphones don’t look good in photos. Similarly, if you’d like music to be played during the Ceremony, this is something a friend or relative will need to take care of for you.
Read the Reviews
“We just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for making our wedding day so special and memorable. Everyone complimented us on how wonderful the ceremony was.” Ami & Anthony
“We had a truly memorable wedding in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains just outside Marrakech and loved having Lisa as our celebrant. We wanted a small, intimate wedding but weren’t sure exactly what we should include, which is why we were delighted when Lisa came up with numerous suggestions. I’m from France and my husband is from Morocco and what we appreciated most was the way that Lisa researched different wedding traditions from both of our cultures for us to choose from. In the end our guests held white ribbons for me to cut as I walked down the aisle (an ancient tradition from Brittany) and we also chose a Ring Warming Ceremony and sprinkled Moroccan rose petals everywhere. Lisa also conducted a beautiful Sand Ceremony which involved mixing yellow sand from Brittany and red sand from the Moroccan desert in a beautiful glass bottle to represent the way our lives were now inseparable. Based on the information we’d given her, Lisa wrote our vows and a very personal and unique ceremony that included poems and music we’d selected. Our guests really enjoyed the magical and unforgettable ceremony Lisa prepared for us – it was even better than we imagined and Lisa made it very special. Lisa so obviously loves what she does and we were delighted to share our wedding day with her.” Marivon & Rashid
“We would like to thank you once again for everything you did for our wedding ceremony. Although we were very nervous beforehand, we loved every minute of it. We sincerely hope that our paths cross again some time in the future.” Anna & Peter
“Lisa devised a wonderful ceremony for our son Ollie’s wedding to his Japanese bride Yuri. It was absolutely pitch-perfect for the occasion and was enjoyed even by those with a less secure command of English! Throughout the day I had so many people asking me about Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet – I’m sure he’ll have some new converts. Lisa made a huge contribution to a really great day.” John
“Thank you for conducting our ceremony! We really enjoyed it and I know Dave is very grateful to you for helping him to relax before the ceremony.” Belinda & Dave
“Love is a friendship set to music” Joseph Campbell